Quick Fall HVAC Tips
As the weather finally begins to cool down in the DFW area, people across the city are preparing for the upcoming fall weather. As you pull out your warmer clothes and begin holiday shopping, don’t forget to prepare your HVAC system for the upcoming season. During the peak of summer and winter HVAC contractors are the busiest, so fall is the perfect time of year to schedule your fall HVAC maintenance. Check out our fall HVAC maintenance checklist which will help you prepare for the autumn ahead.
A typical fall HVAC maintenance check-up should include the following services:
- Thermostat Inspection: Before the cold weather really sets in, your thermostat should be checked to ensure it is properly functioning. This will save you from energy waste due to a faulty thermostat.
- Lubrication Upkeep: During the fall maintenance check-up any moving parts that require lubrication should be lubricated again to prevent friction.
- Electrical Connection Check: Your electrical connections should be tightened. And your voltage should be measured on any motors in your HVAC system.
- Air Filter Replacement: Air filters should be replaced on your furnace before the cold weather begins.
- Operation Test: Your furnace’s overall operation should be tested to ensure that blowers and all mechanisms are functioning properly. This can save you from costly repairs during the colder months ahead. And it will prevent you from spending anytime waiting in the cold.
These are just a few of the things on our fall HVAC maintenance checklist. If you are preparing for the autumn months ahead and need assistance with readying your HVAC system, please give us a call today!