Humidity is all about balance. On one side, excessively dry air in your home can cause dry mouth, scratchy throat, and coughing. On the other hand, too much humidity can allow mold and mildew to grow in your house. Whichever side of the scale your home falls into, Arctic Air Conditioning humidity control can bring it back to a comfortable, healthy level. Call our experts at 817-834-2829 for a consultation.
Do You Need a Dehumidifier?
Creating an effective humidity level in your home can be a struggle. For many parts of Fort Worth, TX mold is a frequent nuisance and health hazard brought on by sudden rain and flash flooding. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) “molds can cause nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing or wheezing, eye irritation, or, in some cases, skin irritation. People with mold allergies may have more severe reactions.” Common places where mold can develop include bathroom tile, basement pipes, kitchen floors, and panels, and carpeted rooms with excess moisture.
Normal small-scale dehumidifiers work by drawing in air from a room’s environment, absorbing the moisture, and releasing dried air back into the room. A household dehumidifier operates in a similar manner, but alongside your home’s HVAC system, sapping the air of excess humidity and removing potential locations for mold and mildew throughout your house. This significantly lowers the risk of asthma attacks and allergic reactions due to mold. Even folks without asthma and allergies can reap the safety benefits of lowering your home humidity. By removing the potential for mold, you can also prevent some potential respiratory problems (such as coughing and wheezing). It also helps you remove that musky smell that often accompanies overly humid environments.
Call Us Today
If your neighborhood regularly experiences flooding, or if your home contains any mold or mildew growth, give our technicians a call at Arctic Air Conditioning. For a quote on dehumidifier installation in Fort Worth, TX, give us a call at 817-834-2829. Mold can be a serious health hazard; find more information on common mold prevention practices, visit the CDC website.